This festive White Christmas Rocky Road brings together the best Christmas flavours in an easy and addictive slice!
I love giving this rocky road out as a gift for family and friends. It always gets rave reviews!
Best of all, it takes less than 15 minutes to make and requires just a few simple ingredients to put together. Feel free to add or substitute your favourite ingredients - it will still taste delicious!
- ½ cup dried cranberries / Craisins
- ½ cup shelled pistachios (I use unsalted)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup mixed glacé cherries, optional
- 500 g (17.5 oz / approx. 2 ½ heaped cups) white chocolate chips (or melts / chopped blocks)
- Grease and line a 20 cm (8 inch) square cake tin with baking paper. Make sure the tin is well lined so you can easily remove the rocky road.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cranberries, pistachios, coconut, marshmallows and glace cherries (if using).
- Place white chocolate In a separate large heat-proof bowl. Microwave at full power for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave in further 30 second bursts, stirring well in-between, until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Pour marshmallow mixture into the melted chocolate and stir until all the ingredients are well coated in chocolate.
- Working quickly, pour mixture into the prepared tin and press down evenly. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate has set. To make the rocky road easier to slice, leave it at room temperature for 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
- You can keep rocky road un-refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Keep in a cool place out of direct sunlight. If the rocky road begins to melt, store in the fridge.
Substitutions & Tips
- Can I use milk or dark chocolate? These flavours work best with white chocolate. Here is a recipe for regular rocky road.
- Mini marshmallows: you can also use regular size marshmallows. Chop them into halves or quarters before using. You should have 1 ½ cups of chopped marshmallows.
- Other delicious additions: chopped plain sweet biscuits, chopped Oreos, Turkish delight, Malteasers, jube candies, and chopped honeycomb.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 Square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 14.3gSaturated Fat: 8.9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19.2mgCarbohydrates: 30.1gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 28.3gProtein: 2.5g