I'll take any excuse for more chocolate! These chocolate chunk cookies are packed full of big chunks of dark and milk chocolate, making them the ultimate chocolate hit.
These cookies are chewy and soft inside and crisp on the outside. They're also incredibly easy to make and utterly addictive!
- 200 g (7 oz) unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 180 g (6.5 oz / 1 cup) block dark or semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 180 g (6.5 oz / 1 cup) block milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (355°F). Grease and line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together melted butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla essence and stir until well combined.
- Sift over flour and baking soda. Stir together until a soft dough forms. Add chocolate chunks and mix until well combined. Cover the bowl with cling wrap or a tea towel and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll 1 big tablespoon of dough into a ball and place onto the prepared tray. Flatten slightly. Repeat with remaining dough, leaving a 3 cm (1 inch) gap between the cookies to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked. Allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- You can keep the chocolate chunk cookies un-refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- To freeze the raw cookie dough, wrap tightly in clingwrap and then place in a zip-loc bag or airtight container. Keep for up to 6 months frozen. To thaw, allow to defrost at room temperature for 6 hours or overnight. Once defrosted, you can bake as normal.
- You can replace 2 cups of self-raising flour with 2 cups of plain flour combined with 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You can replace 1 tsp of baking soda with 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You can use any combination of chocolate (milk, dark, white) or chocolate chips, as long as it totals 360 grams (12 oz or 2 cups).
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 11.7gSaturated Fat: 7.3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 15.4mgSodium: 81.6mgCarbohydrates: 29.5gFiber: 0.3gSugar: 16.7gProtein: 2.6g