Let's face it, we don't always have time to bake an entire batch of cookies.
This chocolate chip mug cookie is the perfect single-serve solution for chocolate cravings. You can prepare AND cook this cookie in less than 5 minutes!
This recipe uses simple ingredients and no egg! Best of all, you don't even have to turn on the oven.
- 40 g (2 tbsp / 1.4 oz) unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- 5 tbsp plain flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips, plus extra
- Place the butter in a large microwave-safe mug. Microwave on high for 20 seconds or until the butter is melted. Stir through the sugars and vanilla essence.
- Add the plain flour, baking powder and salt and stir until a soft dough comes together. Stir through the chocolate chips. Flatten down the dough down into the mug then top with extra chocolate chips, if desired.
- Microwave for 1 minute (based on an 1100 watt microwave). Allow to cool for 1 minute before eating. Enjoy!
- I recommend eating the mug cookie while it is fresh. It isn't designed to keep well.
Substitutions & Tips
- Butter: you can substitute butter with margarine.
- Sugar: you can use all white sugar or all brown sugar if necessary.
- Baking powder: you can substitute the baking powder with a pinch of baking soda or omit it completely. Baking powder helps the cookie rise a little so it isn't too dense.
- Chocolate: I use dark chocolate chips. You can use milk or white chocolate if you like. You can also use chopped chocolate.
- Why is my cookie hard and rubbery? It is likely that you have overcooked the cookie. 60 seconds will be plenty of cooking time for this cake in the majority of microwaves. If you know that your microwave is more powerful than normal microwaves, reduce the power to 80%. When in doubt, a slightly undercooked cookie is far better than an overcooked cookie!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 Mug Cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 689Total Fat: 33.1gSaturated Fat: 20.2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10.6gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 127.8mgCarbohydrates: 60.4gFiber: 2gSugar: 24.7gProtein: 5.6g