These easy orange and poppy seed muffins are moist, fluffy, and absolutely bursting with orange flavour! They only need one bowl and a few simple ingredients. These muffins are freezer-friendly and the perfect lunchbox treat.
- All measurements are in metric standards.
- You can keep muffins un-refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- To freeze the muffins, allow to cool completely then place in zip-loc or airtight freezer bags. Keep for up to 6 months frozen. To thaw, allow to defrost at room temperature for 6 hours or overnight.
- You can replace the self-raising flour with 2 cups of plain flour combined with 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You can substitute canola oil for any type of vegetable oil. Note that if you're using a rich olive oil it may change the flavour of the cake.
- You can replace the baking soda with 2 tsp of baking power or omit it completely (the muffins will be a bit flatter but will still taste delicious).